segunda-feira, 16 de maio de 2022

My new Blueprints book for Unreal Engine 5


My new Blueprints book for Unreal Engine 5 is available on Amazon.comThe book has 568 pages and is a great reference to use in the classroom.

I started studying Unreal Engine Blueprints technology before it was ready in 2013 since Epic Games invited me to the Unreal Engine 4 closed beta program. Since then, I'm researching and writing/teaching Blueprints. I gathered all my knowledge and experience in this book to pass on to the Unreal community.

Despite Blueprints being a visual scripting language, it is a full-featured programming language. It is easy to learn, but hard to master. When you familiarize yourself with Blueprint advanced features, your ability to solve gameplay problems in Unreal Engine will greatly increase.

Luis Cataldi, Lead Evangelist at Quixel/Epic Games, wrote an amazing foreword for the book:


Chapter 19 of the book is available for free. The chapter is about Procedural Generation and can be accessed at this link: Chapter 19.