terça-feira, 7 de março de 2023

Memory 9 of 10: Xbox One (8th Gen.)

In July 2015 I bought the Xbox One for my son. He asked for the Battlefield 4 game to play online matches.


For me, I bought Bioware's Dragon Age Inquisition RPG game:


By that time, Epic Games had already contacted me saying that they were interested in my Blueprints tutorials from the Romero Blueprints blog. Because of that I was very dedicated to researching and writing tutorials for Blueprints, which is the visual scripting language that Epic Games created for Unreal Engine 4.

Dragon Age Inquisition was the only game I played until March 2016. In December 2015, I purchased the Trespasser DLC which takes place two years after the conclusion of the main story of Dragon Age Inquisition.


In April 2016, Sunset Overdrive was one of the games available for free to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. I tried the game and I really liked it. I played the entire campaign.


In the 2nd half of 2016, I saw a deal for the Rise of the Tomb Raider game at a local store and so I bought it. 


I had played the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot on my notebook and thought it was pretty good. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the second game in the new Survivor trilogy, and it's also excellent.


Over the next few years, I played a lot of co-op games with my son on Xbox One. My favorites were Gears 5 and Borderlands 3.



Unreal Engine 4 was released in March 2014. In the same month I started the Romero Blueprints blog to teach game programming using Blueprints.

In August 2015, I was one of the first recipients of the Unreal Dev Grant for Education. This Grant was recognition for my work with the Romero Blueprints blog and an incentive for me to produce teaching materials in partnership with Epic Games.

Luis Cataldi was responsible for the educational area of Unreal Engine. He wanted to make a Blueprints Compendium. I made a proposal for the Blueprints Compendium that he found interesting.

I wrote the Blueprints Compendium and sent it to Luis Cataldi. He liked the final result so much that he said he was going to print it on high-quality glossy photo paper to give away at the GDC (Game Developers Conference) in March 2016.

Luis Cataldi said that the Blueprints Compendium was very successful at GDC. This was a very rewarding moment for me, seeing my content being officially distributed by Epic Games for game developers.


 

Table of Contents Memories